- Six years experience in journalism: two in college, four in university.
- Worked at three publications, serving communities with thousands of people.
- Experienced at writing short and long-form pieces. Published work on a variety of topics.
- Obsessed with details. Can thoroughly find grammar mistakes, typos, and factual errors in copy.
- Can handle multiple responsibilities. Worked an average of 30 hours per week while attending school full-time.
- Copy editing
- PhotoShop, InDesign
- Photography, Filming
- Video, Photo editing
The Burlington Post, Burlington, ON ⎼ Editorial Intern
April 2013 – May 2013
- Newspaper circulating twice weekly to 50, 000 homes. Online site serving 176, 000 residents Burlington.
- Write original community-based stories for print and online editions, copy edit articles, and rewrite press releases.
Sheridan Files, Oakville, ON ⎼ Reporter
Nov. 2012 – Feb. 2013
- Online news site serving Sheridan College students and communities in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Pitch and report on hard news and lifestyle stories in the Greater Toronto Area using print, video, photography, and infographics.
The Sheridan Sun, Oakville, ON ⎼ Reporter
Jan. 2012 – Oct. 2012
- Newspaper serving 21, 000 enrolled students at Sheridan College.
- Pitch story ideas relevant to Sheridan College, write and edit articles, and lay out newspaper pages using InDesign.
Shoppers Drug Mart, Oakville, ON ⎼ Cashier, Post Office Clerk, Merchandiser
Nov. 2014 – Present
- Provide friendly and efficient service for customers.
- Accurately put mail through the Canada Post system while meeting customer’s needs.
- Unload products and stock them on shelves quickly and neatly.
Ryerson University, Toronto, ON ⎼ Bachelor of Journalism, Minor in Politics
Sept. 2013 – April 2017
- Focus on multimedia and broadcast journalism in final years.
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON ⎼ Print Journalism Diploma
Sept. 2011 – April 2013
- Focus on hard news and feature writing.
Canadian Journalists for Freedom of Expression, Toronto, ON ⎼ Activism
- Educate the public about issues Canadian journalists face when reporting on the government.